There are multiple ways of scheduling Zoom meetings. In this article, we will discuss some of the various methods of scheduling Zoom meetings.
Scheduling Zoom meeting via Zoom web portal
- Sign in to yorku.zoom.us with your Passport York username and password.
- Click Meetings
- From the Meetings page choose Schedule a Meeting
- Set the topic, date, time and duration.
- Additional meeting options can most likely be left to the default settings but make sure of the following security best practices mentioned here
- Enable a Waiting Room for added security
- Click Save to finish
Scheduling Zoom meeting via Zoom Client Application
- Open your Zoom client and sign in to Zoom via SSO (if you are not already signed in). For more information on how to do so, please click here
- Once signed in, click on the Schedule icon. This will open the scheduler window.
- Select your meeting settings. Note that some of these options might not be available if they were disabled and locked to the off position at the account or group level.
- Topic: Enter a topic or name for your meeting.
- Date & Time: Select a Start date and time for your meeting. You can start your meeting at any time before the scheduled time. You can also manually enter any time. For example, you can enter 15 in the minutes field to schedule a time with a 15-minute increment.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use your computer's time zone. Click the drop-down menu to select a different time zone.
- Recurring meeting: Choose if you would like a recurring meeting (the meeting ID will remain the same for each session).
- Meeting ID: Select Generate Automatically in order to Generate a random unique meeting ID or select Personal Meeting ID in order to use your Personal Meeting ID.
- Adjust the the rest of the settings as you wish.
- Click Save to finish, and open the selected calendar service to add the meeting.
Scheduling a Zoom meeting via Moodle/eClass
Please see Using Zoom to deliver a lecture in eClass
Scheduling a Zoom meeting via Chrome, Outlook or Firefox plugin
Schedule from a plugin (Chrome, Outlook, Firefox)
Each of the scheduling methods mentioned in this article has its uses and advantages, depending on the user's particular circumstances. For more information regarding scheduling Zoom meetings, please see Zoom Help Center