How do you take a quiz using Safe Exam Browser
Safe Exam Browser is a customized web browser, available for Windows (7, 8.1, 10), macOS (starting 10.7, recommended 10.11 or newer) and iOS (9.3.5 or newer). This is currently not available on Android. The browser application must be on the device that you will attempting your quiz. When you enter the quiz session:
- The browser window won't have a URL or search field and back/forward navigation and reload can be disabled.
Users must use Edge, Chrome or Firefox web browser to Launch Safe Exam Browser quizzes. Users of Edge and Chrome are likely to get an The information you're about to submit is not secure error. If you get this error, click Send anyway button to continue to Launch Safe Exam Browser.
- The quiz page will allow students to download Safe Exam Browser, and other choices. They can – depending on your settings – either:
Download Safe Exam Browser. This button redirects to the configured download location for Safe Exam Browser, default is https://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html. Use this option if you have never downloaded Safe Exam Browser before.
Launch Safe Exam Browser, applies the quiz settings and sends the student to the quiz starting page. Use this option only if/after you have installed Safe Exam Browser. Launching Safe Exam Browser from Chrome or Firefox will prompt you to re-login to eClass. After successful login, you will be taken directly to the quiz.
Download the Safe Exam Browser configuration file. Use this option only if you are asked to do so. Generally you will not be required to download configuration file.
Back to the course button takes the user back to the course page.
- When you Launch Safe Exam Browser from either Chrome or Firefox, you will be prompted to launch Safe Exam Browser.
- Enter your Passport York credentials.
- You will be prompted to authenticate using two-factor authentication. Follow on-screen instruction to complete this step.
- After successful authentication, you will be taken to the quiz page. Begin your attempt and complete your quiz.