Assignment - Student FAQ
What type of file should I submit for my assignment?
If your assignment does not indicate what files are acceptable, then it is highly recommended that you submit one of the following:
- A MS-Word file from Microsoft Office 365 software which is freely available for York University students.
- A PDF file using the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
How do I use the file, the instructor provided for an assignment?
Instructors sometimes provide a pdf form, or a worksheet to fill out to complete your assignment.
- For pdf file, please download the Adobe Acrobat Reader so that you can add your responses and save. If you are a Mac User using the default Preview application, you must select the option Files / Save as Export to PDF.
- If you printed the document and entered your response, then you would have to scan your response. It becomes an image, therefore you need to import your scanned document into MS-Word, save is as a MS-Word and then submit your assignment
I tried to submit my assignment but there was nothing for me to click on?
- Click on the assignment title and verify the due date.
- If the due date has expired and your instructor do not allow late submission, you won't have the opportunity to submit your assignment.
I submitted my assignment and the status is listed as 'Draft(not submitted)'Your assignment submission is in 'Draft' status because you need to click the Submit assignment button.
If the assignment due date has expired, the instructor will still be able to see your assignment submission. If you have any concerns, please contact your instructor so that they can confirm that they can access your submission.
How do I view my assignment grade and instructor comments
Your instructor can grade and provide feedback directly within the document you submitted, or your instructor can provide a feedback file for the assignment. Provided the instructor has released the assignment score:
- Click on the assignment title.
- Scroll down to the Feedback section, the Grade field displays the assignment score.
- For the Annotate PDF field, click on the View annotated PDF to see embedded comments.
- Your instructor might have also provided feedback via the Comments field or the Feedback files.
Tell us how we can make this article better for you?